APRIL THEME: ACCOUNTABILITY
Mission #14: Embracing and Inviting Accountability – April 4
Mission #15: Your Secret Weapon: An Accountability Partner – April 11
Mission #16: The ABC’s of Accountability – April 18
Mission #17: The Absence of Accountability – April 25
“Anger, blame and martyrdom are thieves. They steal time, relationships and respect. Personal accountability is the life giver, the thing that fills the soul with esteem and repairs it from the inside out.”
When I was introduced to the Personal Accountability Model three years ago, it changed the course of my work forever. I realized that no matter how many great sessions I led with individuals or with groups, if they were not willing and/or able to integrate the work and hold each other accountable for moving forward and doing the work, all their big ideas and possibilities would never be fully realized.
I reached out to the creator of this tool and gushed about what a game-changer it was. I began to notice how the lack of accountability in my own life, my own business, was keeping me from fully realizing the big ideas and possibilities I was creating for myself.
The guiding questions I created for myself around accountability were:
- Am I willing to be vulnerable and ask for accountability?
- Am I willing to increase my say/do ratio?
- Am I willing to hold others accountable with love & respect?
Are you willing to explore and embrace the power of personal accountability?
Time to get curious about where you embrace and where you rebuff accountability. And, how it serves you or keeps you from moving forward.
MONDAY MISSION #14: EMBRACING & INVITING ACCOUNTABILITY
Use the guiding questions posed above or create your own. But get total clarity around where you embrace, where you rebuff and how/when you could hold others accountable with respect to move forward and be of the greatest service to yourself and others.
MAKE 3 CHANGES™
What 3 Changes are you willing to make to embrace & invite accountability into your life?
They don’t have to be BIG changes. Here are a few examples for you.
1. Set aside 20 minutes to answer the guiding questions in this week’s mission.
2. Identify an area of your life where you would benefit from some extra accountability (exercise is a common area of focus for accountability).
3. Scan your network, your inner circle, and determine if there’s an accountability partner there. Who would be willing to support your efforts to embrace and invite more accountability in your life AND would be willing to do the same in theirs?
COMMIT TO THE CHANGES YOU WANT TO MAKE.
Write them down! Post them where you’ll see them. Give them your attention.
Ask for accountability. Experience the satisfaction that comes from living by design, not default.
DECLARE & SHARE!
Let me know what you came up with and how you did! Check the facebook page this week for additional resources and inspiration to help you embrace and invite accountability. Experience how doing so can make a difference in your life, the lives of those you love and the lives of those you lead!
What is Make 3 Changes?
Make 3 Changes™ is a framework designed to help leaders move forward during times of change, challenge and opportunity. For more information about the Make 3 Changes™ framework and how you can use it to navigate changes in your world with more clarity, confidence and commitment, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the Make 3 Changes Monday Missions?
These weekly missions are designed to get you thinking differently about various aspects of your life. Each month will feature several missions within a theme, helping you to build awareness, create alignment and take action. It is my hope they provide you with the tools you need to create positive and lasting change in your life, the lives of those you love, those you lead and those you serve. Always open to feedback about your experience. Let’s have some fun and make some changes!
Latest posts by Whitney Bishop (see all)
- Tuesday Training Tip: Going Analog – How to Present Without PowerPoint – Yes, you can! - March 14, 2017
- Tuesday Training Tip: What’s Your WHY? - March 7, 2017
- Spring Cleaning:3 Changes You Can Make to Freshen Up Your Trainings - March 1, 2017